Diaz Plastic Surgery Specialists: Michael Diaz, M.D
1513 South Harbor City Boulevard
Melbourne, FL 32901
Phone: (321) 951-2639
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
The medical spa treatments available at our Melbourne, Florida, office provide our patients plenty of options to keep their skin looking radiant without undergoing surgery. Each of the following services is administered by our trained clinical aestheticians, and many don’t require much recovery or downtime. Learn more about how you can bring out your skin’s natural radiance and look your best using these popular, innovative treatments.
Discover how you can improve your appearance with the advanced medical spa services at our Melbourne, Florida office. To schedule an appointment with an aesthetician, contact us online or call our office in Melbourne at (321) 951-2639.
Dr. Michael Diaz
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Diaz has been serving the dynamic needs of Space Coast women and men for years. In addition to being an accomplished surgeon known for his warmth, Dr. Diaz holds a patent for a device that can help improve breast revision outcomes.Meet Dr. Diaz
Facials are relaxing, non-invasive services to rejuvenate your skin. These appointments typically take about 1 hour and can accomplish the following:
- Treat a specific skincare concern, such as acne, dullness, or dryness
- Improve the results you see from your at-home skincare regimen
- Give you a beautiful “glow” before a special occasion
- Offer a quiet, soothing hour of tranquility and indulgence
Our aestheticians work with you to understand your specific skincare concerns and develop treatment plans that leave you with a smooth, radiant complexion.
Chemical peels use chemical exfoliants, such as alpha-hydroxy acids, to resurface the skin without surgery. Peels can be used to treat a variety of conditions, including dark spots, sun damage, fine wrinkles, and laxity. Depending on the extent of your concerns, our aestheticians may recommend a light, medium, or deep peel. The effects of a chemical or enzyme peel can be particularly pleasing when combined with a facelift, and a series of chemical peels is an excellent alternative to laser skin resurfacing.
A peel can take years off your skin by removing and softening age-related damage and premature wrinkles caused by sun exposure. Our peels include:
- VI Peel®: This shallow peel contains a unique blend of ingredients to produce powerful results with minimal discomfort, little to no skin preparation, and minimal downtime. The VI Peel improves the tone, texture, and clarity of your skin. It can reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles, and hyperpigmentation, including melasma, as well as soften lines and wrinkles, clear acne, and reduce or eliminate some acne scars. This peel stimulates the development of collagen, which can lead to firmer, more youthful-looking skin. Why wait months for results when you can enjoy beautiful skin in about 1 week?
- Radiant Peel: Manufactured by Dermesse, a leader in clinical skincare products, the Radiant Peel is a medium-depth peel that uses a carefully curated combination of trichloroacetic acid (TCA), salicylic acid, lactic acid, phenol, and other natural exfoliating agents. By removing the skin’s outermost layer, the Radiant Peel stimulates regeneration of new skin cells while also promoting the growth of collagen and elastin. The Radiant Peel also includes a 1% retinol cream that acts as a “booster” to assist the peeling process. Patients achieve results in 1 week and typically see an improvement in their skin tone, wrinkles, fine lines, firmness, and texture.
If discoloration alone is your primary concern, our aestheticians may also recommend intense pulsed light treatments, also known as IPL, which target dark spots with concentrated light energy.
Medical Microdermabrasion is a popular service that gently resurfaces the skin’s with a diamond tip followed by a customizable enzyme peel. Medical Microdermabrasion may be customized to suit each patient’s individual needs, and it’s appropriate for treating a variety of minor skin concerns. Conditions that can be remedied with microdermabrasion include:
- Mild acne or congested pores
- Dull or dry skin
- Shallow scars
- Fine lines
- Enlarged pores
Medical Microdermabrasion doesn’t require any special care before or after the procedure, and many patients come in for regular sessions as part of their normal skincare routines. Microdermabrasion’s deep exfoliation can also ensure you see optimal results from your favorite skincare products.
Also called “micro-needling,” dermal needling using the DP Derm® system is a relatively new way to replenish collagen and tighten skin without surgery. This minimally invasive technique “stamps” the skin with a very thin, sterile, single-use needle, creating micro-point punctures. These punctures stimulate the release of natural growth factors, triggering the production of collagen and elastin. This essentially tricks your skin into healing itself even in the presence of an old, pre-existing scar or wrinkle. The skin’s natural remodeling process continues after the procedure, sometimes for months. Dermal needling can improve the skin’s overall tone and texture and also treat specific concerns, including:
- Scars due to surgery, trauma, or illness
- Stretch marks
- Fine lines and wrinkles
Each dermal needling procedure is between 1 hour and 1 hour 30 minutes, depending on the treatment areas. A topical anesthetic to insure patient comfort. During your procedure, your aesthetician passes the DP Derm® device over your skin until the whole area has been treated. Dermal needling is safe for skin of all colors and types.
Following your treatment, your skin may be temporarily red, flushed, or sensitive. However, you can resume your normal activities immediately. Your results will gradually develop over the course of several weeks. Your aesthetician will give you a better understanding of the specific results you can expect.
Most of us are familiar with cellulite, an unsightly dimpling of the skin that typically appears on the thighs and buttocks. Endermologie® offers a non-invasive option for reducing the look of cellulite, smoothing your skin without surgery or downtime. Endermologie® can help reduce cellulite when diet and exercise fail.
During an Endermologie procedure, our aesthetician applies the device to your skin. The treatment head gently massages the connective tissue just below the skin, where cellulite forms. The treatment head’s massage and suction action improves circulation and reduces dimpling.
Endermologie®’s best results are typically seen after multiple sessions of about 30 to 60 minutes each. Our aestheticians will help you decide on a treatment plan that matches your lifestyle.