If you're like many women, your self-image and sense of well being are influenced by your feelings about your breasts. Have you always felt that your breasts were too small? Did they end up smaller after pregnancy or weight loss? Would you like to feel more beautiful, balanced, and confident? Dr. Michael Diaz is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has made aesthetic breast surgery one of his specialties. With his artistic eye and refined surgical skills, he can help you love your look through breast augmentation at his Orlando area practice in Melbourne, FL.
Dr. Diaz approaches aesthetic enhancement with compassion and care to reveal your unique natural beauty. To find out how breast augmentation in Central Florida can improve your appearance, request a consultationrequest a consultation online or call our office in Melbourne, Florida at 321-237-2932321-237-2932.
Dr. Diaz is a caring surgeon who understands that your wellbeing can be influenced by the way you feel about your appearance.
Your Beautiful Breasts
As a breast specialist, Dr. Diaz is especially adept and experienced in personalizing his technique to achieve each of his patient's goals. Women visiting Dr. Diaz for breast augmentation have many personal reasons for their enhancement, including:
- Improving overall body shape when they feel their breasts are too small
- Restoring breast volume lost after weight loss or pregnancy
- Achieving better symmetry between breasts that are different in shape or size
- Improving the shape of breasts that are sagging or have lost fullness (usually combined with a breast lift)
Because Dr. Diaz specializes in aesthetic surgery of the breasts and body, many patients choose a Mommy Makeover to renew their bodies after pregnancy and childbirth. This customized combination of procedures can include a tummy tuck and breast lift, along with breast augmentation.
Emily's Breast Augmentation
"I had a breast augmentation with Dr. Diaz. His office staff was very professional and informative when I called the office to schedule my consult. On the day of my consult, Dr. Diaz spent a lot of time answering my many questions and addressing my concerns. He made me feel very comfortable and safe. I love my results! I've had so many compliments and would definitely refer any of my friends and family to him. He is such a great surgeon and cares so much for his patients."
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your experience may vary.
Your Choices for the Most Natural Results
Dr. Diaz's goal is to provide a natural look to the size and shape you are seeking. There are several aspects of the augmentation procedure that you'll need to consider.
- Placement: Implants can be placed either behind the pectoralis muscle or behind the breast gland (above the muscle). Most commonly implants are placed behind the muscle (submuscular placement), especially when the patient has very little existing breast tissue.
- Implant material: There are 2 types of breast implants available: saline and silicone gel. Both implants are regarded equally safe by the FDA. Silicone gel implants have a unique feel and may be a better choice for some patients.
- Implant texture: The implant's outer shell may be smooth or textured (the most popular selection is smooth).
- Shape: The implant may have a round profile or one that is anatomic (teardrop or tapered shape). This is determined by Dr. Michael Diaz according to the individual's body shape and anatomy.
- Profile: For any given size or volume, implants are available in low, medium, and high profile. The profile of the implant determines how far the implant pushes the breast tissue forward (projection). Higher profile implants allow a bigger implant to be used when the chest is narrow.
- Diameter: Implant width is measured across its base and is selected according to the patient's breast width.
Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
During your initial cosmetic consultation, Dr. Diaz will speak with you regarding your desires and concerns. Because of the level of detail, the many choices available, and extensive counseling Dr. Diaz provides, you can expect to spend about an hour and sometimes longer during this initial consultation. He will develop a customized surgical plan to give you the beautiful naturally enhanced look you deserve and want.
Implant samples are available for you to model in your own bra or one can be provided for you. We ask that you bring in your favorite top so you can model different implant sizes (tight-fitting tees or sweaters work best). You will also be able to review pre- and post-operative photographs of some of Dr. Diaz's actual breast augmentation patients.
What to Expect
Breast augmentation is typically performed as outpatient surgery usually done under general anesthesia and in some cases under local anesthesia with sedation. The operation usually lasts 1 to 2 hours. Dr. Michael Diaz will see you the next day in his office to make sure that you are healing well.
After breast augmentation surgery, most patients feel tired and sore and will require some oral pain medication. The discomfort is usually controlled by medication prescribed by Dr. Diaz. You should be able to return to work within a few days, depending on the level of activity required for your job. You can expect to resume many normal day activities within a week and most activities within 3 weeks.